I’m a huge fan of trying new recipes. One of my favorite pastimes is looking through a new cookbook and marking the recipes I want to try. Have I tried recipes that could have been better, in my opinion? Sure I have! Just because a recipe doesn’t turn out the way you expect it, doesn’t make it a bad recipe. However, there are some things to consider, when trying new recipes.
Salt and pepper, in the proper amounts, can make a dish tasty. Yet, there are various seasonings you can also add to make the dish taste even better!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
However, if you want to have great chicken, you can also add these ingredients:
- Increase the garlic powder to 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of smoky paprika
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 a cup of white wine
- 1/2 a cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill
See what I mean? Kicking up the spices will result in a much more flavorful dish! Of course, it may take a couple of tries to perfect any recipe. But that’s the beauty of cooking, isn’t it?